Ireland’s Wildlife has teamed up with Vanguard to bring you a fantastic photo competition with a superb prize. We’re thrilled to introduce our “Seeing is believing…” wildlife photography competition.
We are looking for your best photographs that capture nature’s wild side!
The prize is an amazing pair of Vanguard Endeavor ED II 10×42 binoculars, worth €400.
Email your wildlife photo(s) with a short description of what the photo is showing and anything special about the experience to [email protected] (see Terms & Conditions below for details).
The competition runs from 1st December 2017 until 31st January 2018.
We look forward to seeing your entry. We will try to share as many of the entries as possible on on the Ireland’s Wildlife Facebook page and Twitter account and Vanguards’ Facebook @VanguardNature and Twitter @VanguardPhotoUK.
Thanks to Sue Hartley for her Misty Morning Take Off photograph, the winner of Vanguard UKs Wildlife Competition.
Terms & Conditions:
- Maximum of 5 photos per entrant
- No photos of birds / chicks / eggs at the nest please*. Any photos of adult birds at the nest, or chicks / eggs at the nest will be disqualified from the competition
- Each photo/description must be sent as an attachment, one attachment per email, sent to [email protected]. Please include your contact details on every email entry.
- Photos must be hi-res jpeg files. The maximum file size for this competition is 3MB and we recommend that digital images to be no wider than 1400 pixels and no taller than 1050 pixels.
- By entering this competition, entrants are agreeing to opt into both the Ireland’s Wildlife and Vanguard email database – please note entrants have the option to unsubscribe at any time.
- Entries must be received by midnight on the 31st January 2018.
- The judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner will be announced on the Ireland’s Wildlife Facebook page and Twitter account, and shared on Vanguard UK social media by 28th February 2018 and will be contacted directly.
- Entrant must own the rights to all photos submitted and give permission for Ireland’s Wildlife’s and Vanguard UK to use in marketing the competition and in future marketing, attributed to the entrant wherever possible.
- Should concerns about copyright infringement arise relating to a photograph submitted to the competition the entrant who submitted the photo is solely liable. Please inform photo[email protected] as soon as possible if you have any concerns about image ownership.
- Entrant can be from anywhere in the world but must have an address in UK/Ireland to send the prize to.
* In Ireland it is illegal to photograph nesting birds, chicks or eggs at the nest, regardless of species, without a license from the National Parks and Wildlife Service. While the rules are different in other countries we’ve decided to exclude photographs at the nest from this competition.