At Ireland’s Wildlife we’re always keen to feature great wildlife content on the site, and of course it offers an ideal platform for up-and-coming nature writers to showcase their work.
What are we looking for?
Basically we’re looking for great wildlife-related content relevant to a Irish and international readers with an interest in nature. Articles should be a minimum of 300 words long, your own original work, and wherever possible should be accompanied by a photograph (either your own, or one you have written permission from the photographer to use).
We’re looking for things like:
- Tips, tutorials and how-to’s on more effective wildlife watching
- Identification guides to tricky species
- Wildlife photography articles and tips
- Wildlife stories and features
- First hand accounts of memorable wildlife encounters
- Gear guides and reviews
- Wildlife locations to visit in Ireland
- Wildlife locations to visit abroad
In fact, anything that will help readers get more out of their wildlife watching experience is fair game.
What’s in it for you?
- If we choose to publish your post you’ll naturally get a byline crediting you as the author, a brief “about the author” bio / blurb at the foot of your article and a link back to your own website, blog, Flickr account, Facebook page or other web presence you nominate.
- Your writing will be seen by thousands of readers who visit the Ireland’s wildlife site every month
- We may choose to feature your content on the Ireland’s Wildlife homepage, and to highlight it through our very active social media platforms.
Are there any rules?
- All submissions for inclusion on the site must be your own original work and must not have been published elsewhere online.
- Submissions should be a minimum of 300 words long, and should include an original photograph wherever possible.
- You grant Ireland’s Wildlife perpetual non-exclusive rights to use the content you submit on the website and through any other medium now and in the future.
How do you submit your nature writing masterpiece?
- Contact us using this contact form in the first instance with an outline of your proposed article / tip / review / feature.
- We’ll get back to you and let you know whether we think your idea is a good match for the site. If we give you the go-ahead you can email us the completed article when you’re ready, along with the accompanying photograph(s) (we’ll send you more detailed instructions on what we need when we reply to your original submission).
- We’ll review your article for quality / suitability and will schedule it for publication on the site. As soon as your work is live on Ireland’s Wildlife we’ll email you with a link you can share.
NB: While we’d love to publish all of your tips and content, we simply can’t guarantee to do so because a) the volume of submissions we receive makes it impossible and b) we’re committed to publishing only the highest quality nature and wildlife content for our readers. PLEASE CONTACT US with your idea first.